FanPost

Not the Flyers: NHL Awards Voting Breakdown

Perry_awards1_062211_medium

via 2.cdn.nhle.com

The full results are out for the NHL Awards Voting, and while no one brought any hardware back to Broadway, a few Rangers at least got their name into the conversation. Keep in mind that because of a boycott of the voting by the PHWA Chapters that cover the Rangers, Devils, and Islanders our players lost out on any local bump they might have received from the writers who see them the most.

The only one who made any real noise was Hank who was 4th in Vienza voting, and 14th in MVP voting. The local votes could have given him the 10 pts he needed to get past Roberto Luongo, and made him a finalist, but not enough to make him anymore then a distant 3rd. Still for all he means to this team, it would have been nice to see him sneak by Luongo.

While Hank had a chance of being nominated, the rest of the team was pretty much just also rans. Stepan and Sauer were both nominated for the Calder, placing 13th with 6 points and 17th with 1 point respectively. John Tortorella's 9 points placed him 9th in voting for the Jack Adams, 81 points shy of 3rd ranked finalist Barry Trotz. Marc Staal was the only defenseman who got a vote. The one 4th place vote he received gave him a point and made him part of the 5 way tie for 20th.

What I found most interesting was the Selke voting, where we had 2 players in the top 20. Ryan Callahan managed 15 votes for a total of 51 points, to round out the top 10 but the OTHER player in the mix was non other then BSB Spirtual Leader and Dig Deep heartthrob - Brandon Prust. Prust finished 18th with 4 votes worth 14 points. Not bad for guy who sort of a throw in from a salary dumping trade. But hey - "It's Just Votes".