FanPost

Rangers Trade Grachev to St.Louis

Trade was just announced on the NHL Network that the New York Rangers traded prospect Evgeny Grachev to the St.Louis Blues in exchange for the 72nd overall pick. As a result, the New York Rangers took Edina High School  Center, Stephen Fogarty with pick received in Grachev trade

@JesseSpector:

trade Grachev to the Blues for pick No. 72.

@NYP_Brooksie:

Grachev to St. Louis for 72d overall.

How do you guys feel about giving up Grachev for the 72nd pick?

***UPDATE ***2:36 PM (EDT):

According to Larry Brooks on twitter, Grachev and his agent asked to moved, and wanted a new start somewhere else. He had been disinterested in the franchise after three years in the system.

@NYP_Brooksie:

Sather: Grachev asked out, wanted new start. GM had been shopping him for year, Blues only team interested