FanPost

Rangers Qualify Callahan, Dubinsky, Boyle, Anisimov, Sauer; Not Gilroy

Nyr_medium

According to both Jesse Spector and Larry Brooks, the Rangers have sent qualifying offers to all of their current RFA's, but not Matt Gilroy. Gilroy will apparently be testing the market after rejecting an alternate offer from Sather.

According to Jesse Spector, Sather would like to retain Gilroy, but at a much lower price than expected. He will likely test his luck on the market upcoming on July 1st.

@NYDNRangers:

Sather: would like Gilroy back at lower price. He's sure to test market.

qualifying offers have been made to Callahan, Dubinsky, Boyle, Anisimov, Sauer. Not Gilroy.

[Note by Jim Schmiedeberg, 06/25/11 3:30 PM EDT Going to jump in here and add a few things]

The Rangers drafted Peter Ceresnak, a D-man from Slovakia. I know nothing about him besides that, but Copper and Blue, the SBNation home for the Edmonton Oilers, has a great profile on him here,

As I am sure you have discussed at great lengths by now, Glen Sather told the media that Grachev wanted out, and Sather had been shopping him for a year, and the Blues were the only taker.

Tonight at 9 PM, a Draft Recap edition of Blueshirt Banter Radio. Jess Rubenstein of The Prospect Park will join us to go over all the picks, and what we can expect. Jess has some interesting thoughts on first rounder J.T. Miller, so you won't want to miss the show. I believe Jess will take your calls as well.