FanPost

Chris Drury Not Placed On Waivers

The Rangers announced today that they have not placed captain Chris Drury on waivers. In order for the Rangers to buy out Drury, he must first be placed on waivers before they do so.

According to Jesse Spector, the Rangers have until tomorrow to place Drury on waivers in order to commit to a buyout. Over the last couple of days, news broke that Chris Drury was re-considering a buyout from the Rangers.

The captains future with the Rangers comes down tomorrow afternoon. Will they place him on waivers and buyout him out? Time can only tell on this one.

***UPDATE: 6/28/11 - 12:32 PM (ET):

Jesse Spector and Andrew Gross both reported on twitter that Chris Drury has not be placed on waivers yet again today. Could there possibly be something else brewing? Retirement or a trade? We shall find out.