Breaking News: Chris Drury has not been put on waivers and can not be bought out this week

Well, the saga continues. 12:15pm EDT hit and the Ranger beat writers broke the news over twitter that Chris Drury was not put on waivers which means that he could not be bought out by the Rangers. For those of you who don't remember how we got to this point, it started with rumors swirling that Glen Sather will buy out the team's captain to give the team more cap space to spend on UFAs and RFAs.

Then news broke that Chris Drury could not be bought out because of a degenerative knee problem that will probably force him to not play next season.

Now the reports were that Drury was thinking of accepting a buy out instead of being put on LTIR in September.

Per the buy out rules, players that were to be bought out would have needed to be put on irrevocable waivers and would then be bought out of his contract.

There is a second buy out period in August that the Rangers can use to try and buy out the captain