FanPost

Collection of articles from development camp

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/comments/improvement_in_mcilraths_skating_evident/

Gross talks about McIlrath and his skating abilities, also sheds a little insight on McIlrath's expectations for himself.

And, compared to this time last year, 2010 first-rounder Dylan McIlrath has improved his skating, looking smoother and certainly faster than he did.

It is obviously very good news he improved his skating.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/comments/erixon_hopes_to_make_jump_to_nhl/

Erixon said his two seasons in the Swedish Elite League have prepared him for a jump the NHL. Earlier, 2010 first-rounder Dylan McIlrath said he had heard Erixon was “NHL-ready.” Erixon said he didn’t think the transition from the larger rinks to the smaller North American rinks would be an issue and, in fact, he enjoys playing on the smaller ice surface, as he did in the World Junior Championships.

“I think I’ve improved in both ends of the ice and gotten stronger,” Erixon said. “I’ve learned to play against big guys and I think that’s a good thing. You start to feel you can play against these guys and you’re as strong as them.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/2011/06/tim-erixon-takes-ice-for-first-time-as-ranger

This short Specter article just displays Tim's ambitions for being on the squad out of training camp. Nothing new here.

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2011/06/28/note-prospect-camp-scrimmage/

Some scrimmage notes, these are the teams

White: C Jonathan Audy-Marchessault, D Peter Ceresnak, G Jared Coreau, D Tim Erixon, C Adam Estoclet, RW Jesper Fasth, LW Ryan Flanigan, C Steven Fogarty, LW Tommy Grant, LW Carl Hagelin, RW Victor Kamensky, D Aleksa Lukovic, LW Taylor MacDougall, RW Shane McColgan, D Dylan McIlrath, G Jason Missiaen, C Michael St. Croix, D Andrej Sustr, LW Andrew Yogan.

Blue: LW Ryan Bourque, G Ilia Ejov, C T.J. Foster, LW Austin Fyten, RW Greger Hanson, C Jordan Hickmott, C Danny Hobbs, LW Kale Kerbashian, C Oscar Lindberg, LW Donny Maloney, C J.T. Miller, D Samuel Noreau, D Mikhail Pashnin, LW Andrew Silard, G Scott Stajcer, RW Christian Thomas, LW Jason Wilson, D Nikita Zaytsev.

Read Andrew Gross' recap here http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

Blue defenseman Mikhail Pashnin was again noticeable for his physical play but it wasn’t all positive. He skated around the ice looking for bodies to hit, leaving him winded at the end of his shifts.Dylan McIlrath, the 10th overall pick in 2010, was the strongest player on the ice as he led White to an 8-3 win over Blue this morning at the MSG Training Center. McIlrath, known more for his defense and physical play, had a goal and two assists as he displayed a nice shot from the right point. RW Jesper Fasth had two goals for White. Right wing Christian Thomas had a goal and an assist for Blue. The game was played in two, 20-minute halves. White led 5-1 at the break, with those goals coming against G Scott Stajcer.

It looks like McIlrath had a good game, along with Fasth. Stajcer didn't have a strong outing. So far all i have heard about McColgan is how he has incredible wheels and a motor that doesn't stop running. He short though.