FanPost

Chris Drury's NYR Career Is Over According To The NYPost!

Today Larry Brooks writes that Chris Drury's career as a Ranger and Rangers Captain is done. His buyout will become official today. Here's a snippet from the article:

The buyout ending Chris Drury's career as a Ranger will become official today, The Post has learned.

The 34-year-old who played four seasons on Broadway, the last three of them as team captain, will become an unrestricted free agent after deciding against applying for a medical exception due to a left knee condition.

It is believed Drury, who would have received the full $5 million due for the final season of his five-year, $35.25 million contract had he been declared medically unable to perform as opposed to the $3.333 million he will collect on the buyout, will seek to continue his career, perhaps in Buffalo, from whence he came on July 1, 2007.

Here is a link to the full article: http://t.co/MrSNcyj