FanPost

Ryan Callahan, Post Drury Era

First and foremost I would like to say that I have the utmost respect for Chris Drury. He never took a shift off, he was fearless blocking shot after shot, and was a good influence on the young guys. And while the offense was never what we thought it would be from him, I believe scored the goal that saved our season. Game 82 it was Chris Drury that gave the Rangers an emotional lift and scored the big goal after the Devils striked first. For that, we thank you. Now, lets turn our attention to Ryan Callahan, hopefully the future captain of the Rangers. Ryan Callahan is everything you want in a player. He scores, has the best work-ethic and he is a leader, especially one who leads by example. Callahan has my personal vote to wear the C on the great Rangers uniforms. Other canidates should be Brandon Dubisnky and Marc Staal. And while I don't think he will get it, I think Brandon Prust should be mentioned. Callahan would be the first homegrown captain the Rangers have had since Brian Leetch. Cally has my vote, who do you guys have?