FanPost

Roloson Re-signs; Kariya Retires; Drury Buyout Official; Ehrhoff Contract Talks Break Down.

Just a couple quick hits that popped up just now on twitter.

Dwayne Roloson Re-signs with Tampa:

TSN is reporting that Dwayne Roloson has signed a one-year extension with the Tampa Bay Lightning. He will be earning $3 million in 2011-2012, same as he did last season.

Paul Kariya Announces His Retirement:

Paul Kariya has also announced that he will be retiring from the NHL. Kariya sat out most of last season with post-concussion syndrome. It was as expected, but still sad to see another one of the greats retire. I wish Paul the best of luck in the future.

Rangers Make Drury Buyout Official:

The New York Rangers have just announced on twitter that forward Chris Drury has been officially bought out of his contract. Here is the official statement:

The have announced that the club has officially bought out the contract of forward Chris Drury.

GM Glen Sather: "Chris (Drury) is a consummate professional, a tremendous competitor, & an even better person. (Drury) gave his heart & soul to the organization in his time here & we wish him the best in his future endeavors."

Contract Talks Between Isles and Ehrhoff Break Down:

News has just surfaced that contract talks between Christian Ehrhoff and the New York Islanders have stopped. Ehrhoff is said to have no desire playing on Long Island, and it's not a problem with financial figures. Ehrhoff's rights were acquired last night from the Vancouver Canucks, in exchange for the Islanders 4th round draft pick in 2012.

Varlamov Decides on KHL:

Semyon Varalmov has decided to take time away from the NHL. It is still unclear as to which KHL team he has signed it. Multiple reports are saying that it's between Lokomotiv Varoslavl and SKA Saint Petersburg.

Ehrhoff's Rights Traded to Buffalo:

After Ehrhoff decided that he would not like to play on Long Island,  the Islanders sent out a league wide email. This email stating that Ehrhoff's rights were indeed available once again. The Islanders found their destination, and it was the Buffalo Sabres, in exchange for a 4th round pick in 2012. Overall, the Islanders gained and lost nothing when the day is done. We shall see what the Sabres accomplish with Ehrhoff.