FanPost

Played around with Capgeek for a bit and came up with this

We all know how much fun, and vital, Capgeek.com is. It allows us the chance to tool around with rosters, check how much longer you have to stick pins in your Wade Redden voodoo doll before his is gone for good, and make sure that all the numbers line up for that super team you wish Sather could put together.

Well with all of the talks of Brad Richard's supposed deal and Brandon Dubinsky wanting fair market value for his services around here I figured I'd play around with capgeek and let you guys rip apart my 2011-2012 roster

Join me won't you

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Wojtek Wolski ($3.800m) / Brad Richards ($7.000m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)

Brandon Dubinsky ($4.000m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.200m)

Brandon Prust ($0.800m) / Artem Anisimov ($2.650m) / Sean Avery ($1.937m)

Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.000m) / Brian Boyle ($0.850m) / Erik Christensen ($0.925m)

DEFENSEMEN

Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)

Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($0.850m)

Tim Erixon ($1.750m) / Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m)

GOALTENDERS

Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,575,000; BONUSES: $1,487,500

CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $3,825,000

As you can see I let Chris Drury walk into the sunset (Buyout, retire, get kidnapped by Russian spies) also I gave Dubi 4mil and Callahan 4.2...I would say that is fair for both of them. As for Mr. Richards...giving him 7 mil even is, what I think, is a fair offer for the top line.

Overall...with only buying out Drury and adding Richards as well as the RFAs the Rangers are left with a slightly still manageable 3.825 in cap space to maneuver with during the season