FanPost

Why the Dubinsky news is disappointing

Anyone simply dismissing the disappointment as simple fan overreaction, this is for you.  First off, you are being extremely over simplistic in simply dismissing this. I love dubinsky, and hope the rangers are able to work out a fair long term deal with him and keep him in a ranger uniform for a long time to come. But the reality is he is worth nowhere near 4.5m per. This year after a scorching start he disappointed the rest of the year and ended the year with only 20 non empty net goals in 77 games.  It was supposed to be a breakout year, but he got more playing time this year, played with top teammates, and had 20 goals anyway last year in significantly less games.  Its disappointing when you look around and see all these home grown RFA’s taking big discounts, while dubi, who is absolutely adored in NY, and who seems to have a great relationship with the coach and organization, keeps trying to max out. Look at giroux in Philly signing for what, like 3.2 mil? Okposo signed for what, 5 years 15 mil? 5 year 14 mil? Its disappointing that it looks like dubi is trying to max out again and may in the process end up getting more than hes worth, or be forced to be traded.

I hope keeping Dubinsky is a reasonable option.  I want him locked up.  I want him to be a Ranger.  I just want a fair deal.