FanPost

The reason some of us under-value Brandon Dubinsky....

There has obviously been a lot of stress regarding Brandon Dubinsky and his upcoming contract.  These types of money issues are always frustrating for us as fans, but one thing that I find a little sad is that so many Ranger fans on this board seem like they are questioning Dubinsky's value, his ceiling, and his stature compared with other similar players.

One reason this is happening is the simple fact that, apart from Sam Rosen and Joe Micheletti, who else out there gives Dubinsky any credit?  Or Callahan for that matter? Or Lundqvist?  Once again - and I know I've beaten this horse before - we as Ranger fans get so used to hearing Mike Emrick and Chico Resch extol Travis Zajac and the NHL network giving props to Claude Giroux and Joe Pavelski and blah blah blah ........... like a picked-on school kid you eventually begin to believe that you aren't as good as the rest of your peers.

Its true.  Who ever says anything truly good about our team?  We aren't in any highlight reels, they gloss over us during NHL On-the-Fly (there are exceptions: Mike Milbury and Keith Jones, and even Jeremy Roenick have had great things to say about Cally).....but who else?

That's why I used to love listening to other team's broadcasters during Ranger games, something I used to do before I was married with a kid and had the NHL package and laid around in my underwear watching hours and hours of NHL ...................because you got to see what they thought of the team, by how they called the game.

These days any game on Versus which features the Rangers inevitably has us playing Washington, Pittsburgh, or Philadelphia ......and tell me that does not equate to Capitals home telecast/Pittsburgh home telecast, and you're left wondering ... hey wow, do the Rangers have any players of note at all?  Are we a bunch of useless shit bags?

Maybe I'm overthinking it here but that is certainly something I've felt all along.

Thoughts?