FanPost

Former Canucks owner owns Rangers' Cup-winning puck

Lost amidst all the subterfuge and strategy revolving around the Rangers' offseason free agent targets and RFAs to be resigned was this little nugget: one of the most worthwhile pieces of Ranger memorabilia is in the possession of the former owner of the NY Rangers' last Cup Finals opponent, the Vancouver Canucks.  It's a nifty little story, as Arthur Griffiths claims that rugged forward Tim Hunter gave that puck to him in the locker room after the Canucks lost game 7. Given all the controversy over last year's Final-winning puck (shot by Patty Kane, and possibly heisted by linesman Steve Miller) I thought it was a good story to share.....and maybe that's why Vancouver's karma might be a little bit off....and it goes to show that Tim Hunter was always crafty too.