FanPost

5:18PM: Staple says Drury buyout (and Wolski) not decided

Another twist to the Drury saga. And a decidedly interesting twist:

Plus, there's the option that the Rangers could get Drury to waive his no-movement clause for a trade -- presumably for a player signed to a similarly overpriced deal, but for a longer term, that the Rangers might deem useful. The other team would want a veteran leader to bridge the gap for a year and try to revive his career.

So, there's a lot in play right now, and none of it is set in stone, the source said.

That's not to say Drury won't be bought out. What seems certain is that his days as a Ranger are over, however that will be sorted out in the coming weeks.

The tone would certainly suggest that what HAS been decided is that he's no longer part of next season's plans for the NYR. Now you have 2 confirmed 'sources' saying Drury's headed for Buyout Circle, and one that says maybe it's Trade Lane.

As for Wolski:

As for Wojtek Wolski, whom a report said would not be bought out, the same source said nothing's been decided there either.

Going to be an interesting couple of weeks in Rangerland....

Note: Link to Staple's article on NewsDay: Staple: Not decided.