Rangers News: Rangers Re-Sign Ruslan Fedotenko

NEW YORK - NOVEMBER 14: Marc Staal #18 and Ruslan Fedotenko #19 of the New York Rangers celebrate a goal by Fedotenko during the third period of a hockey game against the Edmonton Oilers at Madison Square Garden on November 14 2010 in New York New York. (Photo by Paul Bereswill/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers have re-signed veteran winger Ruslan Fedotenko for one year at $1.4 million according to Bob McKenzie of TSN. Fedotenko, age 32, recorded ten goals and 15 assists for 25 points in 66 games played with the Rangers last season. He also played a big role in their penalty-kill and special teams.

Head coach John Tortorella loves Fedotenko for what he brings to the lineup, and for good reason too. Feds provides leadership, experience, effort and skill all for a cheap price. This is a smart re-signing for the Blueshirts at a great cost. Very happy to see Fedotenko returning to New York.

Now, about Brad Richards....