Breaking New York Rangers News: Brian Boyle Extended Three Years

NEW YORK NY - DECEMBER 5: Brian Boyle #22 of the New York Rangers skates prior to the game against the Ottawa Senators at Madison Square Garden on December 5 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Christopher Pasatieri/Getty Images)

According to Andrew Gross on Twitter, the New York Rangers have come to terms with forward Brian Boyle on a three year deal. The contract will pay Boyle a total of $5.1 million, which is a cap hit of $1.7 million per season.

Brian Boyle was one of three remaining key RFA's left to re-sign. This now leaves Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinsky as the final two players to get under contract.

In 82 games last season with the Rangers, Boyle set a career-high 21 goals and 14 assists, which placed him sixth on the team in points and fourth in total goals.