New York Rangers News And Notes: Lazy Sunday Edition

Even less going on today than yesterday. Sometime you forget just how long these summers drag on with no real hockey news.

Since it got some pretty good discussion yesterday, here is a link to all the free agent defenseman still on the market. It looks like there might be a few reasonable players (Brent Sopel anyone?) who the Rangers can get for a low price tag.

Glen Sather won't make a move on a veteran defenseman, however, until he knows what he is going to give Brandon Dubinsky and Ryan Callahan. Sather also has to assume that top-flight prospect Tim Erixon also makes the team this year, which would add another $1.75 million to the cap.

While a veteran defenseman might also come from a trade, there's no reason to assume Sather won't at least take a long look at what would be available on the free agent market. Still, the focus is on Dubinsky and Callahan as of right now.

Use this as your open thread for the day. As usual, if any news breaks we'll have it here for you.