NHL News: Steven Stamkos Signs 5 Year Deal To Remain in Tampa

Look at me, bloggin!

The pipe dream of seeing Stamkos in a Ranger jersey can now officially be tabled, at least for now. Stamkos has agreed to a 5 year deal to remain in Tampa, reports are the deal is worth $37.5M.

From the Tampa Tribune:

"I am excited we were able to reach an agreement today," Stamkos said. "This was obviously very important to me and I appreciate Mr. Vinik and Steve Yzerman for all their work in the transformation of the franchise as we move forward.  There is no place I'd rather be than as a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning."

He forgot to say "It wasn't about the money."

For more on the deal, go see our pals at Raw Charge, the second best hockey site on SBNation.

Anyhow, busy NHL day, have at it.