FanPost

Top 5 goalies: Post Lockout

We have seen some great individual seasons from NHL goaltenders since the lockout.There was Steve Mason's rookie season where he posted a 2.29 GAA and took home Rookie of the Year honors. There was also Mikka Kiprusoff's 05-06 season which was good enough to win him the Vezina. Also Tim Thomas had an unreal season this past year winning the Vezina and Conn Smythe. However, none of these goalies have really been able to stay elite for consecutive seasons. While guys like Lundqvist, Brodeur( for the most part) and yes, even Luongo. Here is my top 5 list. 5. Ryan Miller- Since the lockout Miller has had 215 victories. During this stretch his SV% is 915. He will always be remembered for his Olympic heroics with Tean USA. Miller has really been the backbone for Buffallo the last six seasons. He also took the to the Eastern Conference finals in the 05-06 season. 4. Roberto Luongo- Was Luongo the reason the lost in the Cup Finals? Maybe, but either way he has been sensational in the last six seasons. His SV% is .919 and while he was not great in the Finals he does have good postseason numbers with a a 2.50 GAA and SV% .919. And he does have 32 W's in the last four playoffs. 3. Martin Brodeur- Since the lockout he has had three 40 win seasons and won a few Vezina trophies along the way. While has not gotten the playoff results he has wanted he has been great in five of his last six seasons. One also has to remember his age, 39. 2. Henrik Lundqvist-"Hank" has been a top goalie ever since he came into the league. Lundqvist has 213 wins since the lockout, which is when his career began. That is an impressive number considering he has played on some very mediocre teams. His GAA and SV% are 2.32 and .918 and he has been nominated three times for the Vezina. The King is well respected by the rest of the league and has been one of the few Rangers to never be booed. 1. Tim Thomas- I might take some heat for this pick, but Thomas has the ring. He is the only of these five that has won a cup since the lockout. The 37 year old put up some ridiculous numbers this past season with a 2.00 GAA and .938 SV%. He does only have a 158 wins post lockout. Someone might say that he only has winning percentage of 50%. His 09-10 year was a bad one, which makes his last season even better. His playoff stats are insane as well, 26 wins SV% 935 and GAA is just 2.06. You guys think this is a good list and do you agree with the order?