New York Rangers News: Mikhail Pashnin Leaves KHL For North America

The New York Rangers 2009 seventh round pick Mikhail Pashnin has decided he will continue his career in North America. Pashnin turned down a contract from CSKA of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL). He is currently in negotiations with the Rangers organization on a contract.

Pashnin comes in at 5'11", 190 lbs, but he loves to throw his body around and makes his presence known on the ice. He uses his hitting abilities and is a stay at home defensemen, but with work he can add some offense to his game.

With Pashnin's addition, this adds yet another solid defensive prospect to the Rangers organization and he will develop much quicker.

Pashnin's agent, has officially confirmed he is in negotiations with the Rangers that would bring him to the AHL this coming fall.

“Mikhail took part part in the Rangers rookie camp this summer and received good reviews.  Team management informs [us] that they expect him at their main training camp, starting in Sepetember."

Yet another highly talented defensive prospect is upon us. What are your guys thoughts?