FanPost

Free Agency: Top Five Signings

There was a 400 million  dollars spent during this years free agent frenzy. Okay, so the Panthers spent about a qauarter of that, so what. Some of it was spent wisely while lots of it was spent on, well, Ville Leino, James Wisniewski, and Erik Cole. These are solid players, but not players who should recieve more than four million a year. Some of the great signings in my opinion would be the Brad Richards signing, Thomas Vokun, and Thomas Fleischmann. Here's my top five signings

                                                                                       Top 5 Best Signings.

5. Christian Erhoff- To me this was a very good signing by Buffalo. He has 94 points in the last two years and is a +55 over that span. He and Myers make for two good point men on the power play.

4. Thomas Fleischmann- Good signing for Florida because they needed to reach the cap floor. It's mostly a good signing becuase they can finally get a talented player who can put up a few points. I think he's a nice fit for the newly aquired Versteeg and Booth.

3. Joel Ward- He signed a 4 year $12 million deal with the Caps. A hard nosed player who is physical and proved he can play in the playoffs. Excactly what Washington needed.

2. Brad Richards- As you all know he signed a 9 year deal with the Rangers worth $60 million. Rangers finally get what they needed, a first line center.

1. Thomas Vokun- Steal of the free agency period for me. 1 year  worth $1.5. He is an elite goalie in my opinion and just look at his numbers with the Panthers. Sentsational. Good to see a guy like him go to a contender.

                                                              Washington to me did the best job by far. Roman Hamrlik was a solid signing too. Two years at $3.5 a year is a little much but it gives them some more stability at the back end. Thoughts?