FanPost

Winnipeg Gets Eric Fehr From Washington

          The NHL's newest franchise has made their most major move thus far since their big move to Canada . The Winnipeg Jets have acquired Eric Fehr from the Washington Capitals in exchange for 20 year old Danick Paquette and a 4th round pick in the 2012 NHL Draft. Winnipeg has many questions in the forward position, mostly a lack of a goal scorer. Although Eric Fehr isn't a first-liner by any strectch of the imagination, he can provide some good second or third-line minutes on a rather lackluster Winnipeg team. This was an essential move for the Capitals, as they were almost $2 million over the cap after several trades and signings in late June and early July. Fehr posted 10 goals and 10 assists last season in 52 games this past season. At 25 years of age, he still has some potential to develop into a more offensively gifted player. Perhaps the change of scenery will be good for Fehr and the Winnipeg Jets.