New York Rangers News and Notes: Bantering Points

Today marks our first edition of Bantering Points. We hope you enjoy our new feature!

- Greg Wyshynski and Andrew Gross both point out that Brad Richards may indeed be the next New York Rangers captain. He also lists that Ryan Callahan and Marc Staal are also strong candidates.

- As we saw yesterday, The Rangers agreed to terms with defensemen Brendan Bell. This move was most definitely a depth move for the Rangers AHL affiliate. However, since Mikhail Pashnin decided to stay in Russia, this very well may be his placement.

 - Videos are starting to be released for the new and transformed Madison Square Garden. The building plan is ahead of schedule, and they even started construction on the upper 300's.

 - Blue Seat Blogs did an analysis of which defensemen have a shot at the final defensive pairing. He points out that Michael Del Zotto and Tim Erixon are leading the pack. While Dylan McIlrath may be a possibility, but highly unlikely.

 - We all heard about the stunning news, that Mikhail Pashnin decided to stay in Russia, rather than play in North American. We have been informed that Pashnin turned down the Rangers, because he was not interested in a two-way contract. Pashnin felt that he would not develop in the minors.

Use this as your open thread for the morning. We'll have more analysis to follow later in the day.