FanPost

Sports Illustrated Shenanigans

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/301230-richards-a-frontrunner-to-wear-the-c?eref=sihp&sct=hp_bf2_a12

So basically in its 'truth and rumor' section, Sports Illustrated wrote that while Ryan Callahan may be the fans choice to become the team's new captain, the coach's choice will be Brad Richards. There wasn't really any factual backing to this 'speculation,' but the article did bring up that Richards has worn a letter throughout his entire career, including under Tortorella in Tampa Bay. I for one have always assumed Callahan to be the next captain not because of how the fans perceive him, but also because of what he does for this organization on and off the ice. Playing in every situation, winning the extra-effort award, scoring, representing our country.

Giving Richards the 'C' would really surprise me, barring some unexpected developments in camp. I don't know, that's just my two cents.