New York Rangers News and Notes: Bantering Points

NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 20: (L-R) Marian Gaborik #10, Marc Staal #18 and Brandon Dubinsky #17 of the New York Rangers celebrate after Dubinsky scored a second period goal against the Washington Capitals in Game Four of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Madison Square Garden on April 20, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

Here's our second edition of Bantering Points. We hope you enjoy your daily Rangers and NHL related articles!

 - James over at Blue Line Station points out that Artem Anisimov could very well surpass the 60 point mark. Majority of Anisimov's points were produced on a line with Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinsky.

 - NHL.com caught up with Rangers 2011 first-round pick, J.T. Miller, about his decision to play for the Plymouth Whalers. Miller states that him and his family believe the OHL is the fastest way of getting to the NHL. He passed up a scholarship to the University of North Dakota to sign with the Whalers.

 - As we posted yesterday in our Bantering Points, the Rangers captaincy race became much tighter. Michael Gleich over at Bleeding All Blue, wonders if Brad RichardsJohn Tortorella's leading candidate for the next Rangers captain.

 - Everyone remembers the night when Zdeno Chara knocked Max Pacioretty into the stanchion. But not many people knew that Montreal police were conducting an investigation on Chara. Early Wednesday, Montreal police submitted their investigation to criminal prosecutors.

 - Kevin has taken the time to analyze what impact the World Junior Championships may have on Christian Thomas. This could be a very productive year for Thomas, and could really improve his chances even more with the Rangers brass.

 - With the release of NHL 12 right about the corner, we at Blueshirt Banter have something exciting in place for our readers. Nothing will officially be released as of now, but stay tuned for an official announcement in the coming week.

With our second edition of Bantering Points complete, we are curious as to how our readers feel about it. Join us after the jump for a fan poll.

Fan poll: