FanPost

Our quietly rising star

So after reading just about everything i could about the Rangers as far as: prospects, line combos, and talents i've notice one player that isn't really talked about. He's currently the center for our "home grown line" Artem Anisimov. Arty has had 2 years with the big club and went from 28 pts in 82 games to 44pts in 82 games. I know those numbers aren't exactly startling, but for a kid that's normally talked about that's pretty good. He had a 16 point jump from 09'-10' to 10'-11'. If its possible and Arty can jeeps up with that increase you could seem him close to 60 pts this year. Which i know none of us here would be upset with that.The only real time you hear Anisimov's name come up is in trade rumors or stupid things of that nature.

I know with the acquisition of Richards to play along side Gabby things might not be the same. He could possibly be moved around a lot too with how Torts like to play musical lines. But if he's left on the second line he could quietly become on of the best players we have. Hell he might even be given the chance, albeit a small one, to play with Gabby and Richards.  Arty has always been a good fore-checking guy and plays hard in the dirty area's with a very good set of skills. He's a pretty big kid at 6'4" and posted at 200 lbs that can throw his body around a lot. I wouldn't like to really disturb the chemistry that line has but i personally would love to see Anisimov on the 1st line and see what he can do. Just more of a complement to that line than anything else. While everyone is worried about Richards and Gabby, Arty can swoop in and steal a goal for us here and there.

So what do you guys think? Can Arty put up close to 60 pts or more? If given the chance to play on the 1st line, how well could he do? Have at it, I'm ready to be mauled.