New York Rangers News and Notes: Bantering Points

 - Wojtek Wolski is preparing for what could be a breakout season. Earlier this summer, Wolski was training with skating coach Barbara Underhill; The same person who trained Brian Boyle before his career-high 20 goal season. Reports are saying that Wolski is now working with hockey guru Jari Byrski.

 - Pictures surfaced on Bauer Hockey Facebook page, that Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist will be sporting some new pads during the 2012 season. It appears to be the same type of Bauer pads as last season, but with a blue base color.

 - Team USA faced-off against Finland today in an exhibition game. J.T. Miller recorded a goal and four penalty minutes. Miller's goal came on the empty net to put the US up 4-1, and would clinch the win. While scoring on an empty net isn't the greatest accomplishment, it is nice to see Miller putting up some points.

 - EA Sports announced today that NHL 12's demo will officially be released on August 23rd, 2011. As we said yesterday, we have something planned for our readers, it's time for the announcement. We have been given the great opportunity to review a copy of NHL 12 courtesy of EA Sports. We will have an exclusive review of the game, before the game hits the shelves on September 13th. Stay tuned for more!

 - With the annual NHL Research and Development Camp coming up on August 13th, there has been several new rules that will be looked at. Those being the "Hybrid" icing call, no icing permitted while shorthanded, overtime variations, no line changes for offending off-sides team, removing trapezoid behind the net, and an in-net goal line camera.