New York Rangers News: Rangers Sign Andre Deveaux

The New York Rangers announced today they have come to terms with free agent forward Andre Deveaux. This was yet another depth move by the Rangers and will strengthen their AHL affiliate.

Deveaux appeared in 73 games last season with the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League. He established career highs with 23 goals and 23 assists along with 194 penalty minutes. He had also skated in 22 games with the Toronto Maple Leafs back in 2008-2009 - 2009-2010.

The Freeport, Bahamas native was originally selected as Montreal's sixth round choice, 182nd overall, in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft.

Official New York Rangers press release after the jump.

RANGERS AGREE TO TERMS WITH

FREE AGENT FORWARD ANDRE DEVEAUX

New York, August 16, 2011 – New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has agreed to terms with free agent forward Andre Deveaux.

Deveaux skated in 73 games in 2010-11 with the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League (AHL), tallying 23 goals and 23 assists for 46 points, along with 194 penalty minutes.  He established career highs in goals, points and shots on goal (132), while tying a career high in games played.  Deveaux also ranked first on the club in penalty minutes and second on the club in goals.

Deveaux, 27, has skated in 22 NHL contests with the Toronto Maple Leafs over two seasons, 2008-09 - 2009-10, registering one assist, along with 75 penalty minutes.

The 6-3, 220-pound center has skated in 417 career AHL contests with the Springfield Falcons, Chicago Wolves and Toronto Marlies, registering 75 goals and 89 assists for 164 points along with 1214 penalty minutes.