FanPost

Boogaard's Boogaardians Needs Members

Defendingtheblueline-herbiesheroes280_mediumHello Blueshirt Banter! It's your friendly neighborhood Wild writer stopping by with some good news for military families in the New York City area. In addition to writing over at Hockey Wilderness, I also work in Community Relations for a group called Defending the Blue Line. You may have heard of us, but if not:

Defending the Blue Line is a 501 (c)(3) non profit organization created by soldiers with the spirit of keeping hockey alive for the children of our nations military heroes. Our mission at Defending The Blue Line (DTBL) is ensuring that children of military members are afforded every opportunity to participate in the game of hockey. We accomplish this by providing free equipment for military kids, hockey camps, special events, and financial assistance for registration fees and other costs associated with hockey.

The news I come to you with today is that there are four tickets to every Rangers home game to give away to military service members, and their families in honor of Derek Boogaard. We need some help finding the people to put in the seats, so we are hoping that by going straight to the source (you), we can find people to give these tickets to. Anyone interested can fill out a registration HERE.

If anyone has any questions about the tickets or the organization, you can find me over at Hockey Wilderness, or contact me directly at bryan(at)defendingtheblueline(dot)com.

Thanks for reading. Go Rangers!

SB Nation Featured Video