New York Rangers News and Notes: Bantering Points

NEW YORK - NOVEMBER 14: Goalie Martin Biron #43 of the New York Rangers assists in cleaning hats off of the ice that were thrown by fans after Marian Gaborik of the Rangers scored his third goal of the game in the third period of a hockey game against the Edmonton Oilers at Madison Square Garden on November 14 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Paul Bereswill/Getty Images)

 - Joe had the amazing opportunity to interview Gordie Clark, director of Player Personnel for the New York Rangers. Gordie was able to answer most of Joe's questions, and included GREAT detail. Joe will have different parts of the interview going up within the next couple of days, so stay tuned!

 - Many rumors have been spreading of the last few weeks about the Rangers Winter Classic jersey. "Was it real or fake?", we received confirmation from the Rangers organization they are NOT the official jerseys being used.

 - We know the season is just around the corner, when Rangers goaltenders break out their new equipment for the upcoming season. Last week it was Lundqvist, this week Marty Biron unveiled his new mask for the upcoming season. Notable changes are the Liberty logo being changed to a normal Rangers shield, and white accents on the Rangers text.

 - Early this past May, the Rangers made a swap to acquire Swedish forward Oscar Lindberg. Chris over at Blue Seat Blogs takes a look at what us Rangers fans can expect from the young Swede.

 - Hockey analyst Stan Fischler caught up with John Tortorella about the upcoming season. Tortorella expresses how Richards can help the Rangers, and how the Rangers molded their core over the past few seasons.

 - One last reminder we would like to extend to our audience. We are still open for submissions for our Winter Classic jersey contest. Submissions will close on August 20th at 11:59 EDT. Our contest winner will be given an exclusive Blueshirt Banter T-Shirt as the winning prize. Enter NOW for the chance to win!