FanPost

Possible Trade Deadline Acquisitions

If Richards and Gaborik click and are becoming that consistent goal scoring that we need we can make a run for the cup. But we are going to have to make a trade. Now preferably we would want to get a guy with one year on his deal if he's on the older side, but I think there are other trades out there. Let's take a quick look at a few possibilities.

Also: The player that would be on the outs is dan girardi in my mind. I love the guy but if we bring in someone we are going to need to shed cap. Also when Mcilrath gets on the team he's going to need a spot so Girardi will be the odd man out when that occurs anyway. I just don't see that he makes it through the life of his contract.

Shane Doan- One year left on his deal which is good, and still has something left in the tank. Being that he's in his mid 30's I think he can be easier to acquire. I think he could be valuable on 2nd/3rd line role. I'm thinking wolski-richards-gaborik, dubi-arty-cally, feds-stepan-doan. If he's playing well before the deadline he could put us over the top.

Loui Eriksson- The absolutely most ideal player to get. Him and richards have great chemistry together, and we could really have an elite scoring line in eriksson richards gaborik.  I would give up girardi and a 1st and maybe more like 3rd round pick. I doubt dallas would trade him, but if he struggles without Richards they might be willing to ship him off at a price. This might get some criticism but Kreider and Girardi for Eriksson? I think we would have to add girardi to once again clear the cap. But imagine an eriksson-richards-gabby line? If that occurs we are instant contenders.

Mikhail Grabovski- Really broke out scoring wise last year on a poor Leafs squad. If the leafs struggle again, they might look to ship off the soon to be UFA.

Andrei Kostitsyn- Well he must be on the outs with the Canadiens now as he said some not too kind thing about his coach. Again another talented winger who could provide us some extra scoring.

Ales Hemsky- Yes he's made of glass but when he plays he's very effective. Imagine him and Gaborik flying up the ice with Del Zotto and Richards giving breakout passes? That'd be awesome.

Well that's the list I came up with. Feel free to add to it. I really feel that this team is one winger away from contending. If the Rangers could get anyone of those players I think we can contend. As long as we don't give up a ton for a lot for any of those players we should make a deal.