Bantering Points: Do The Rangers Have The Best Defense In The NHL?

NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 17: Marc Staal #18 of the New York Rangers celebrates with teammates on the bench after Vaclav Prospal #20 scored a goal in the third period in Game Three of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Madison Square Garden on April 17, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

 - The Rangers are often looked at for their large depth on the defensive side of the game. Kevin over at Hockey This Week looks at why the Rangers might have the best defense in the league.

 - One of the Rangers prospects who received the least recognition this off-season was Andreas Thuresson. Thuresson was acquired this summer from Nashville for Brodie Dupont. Chris over at Blue Seat Blogs takes a look at the potential for this young Swede.

 - NHL.com has high hopes for the Rangers next season. They stated that baring any injuries, the Rangers will not only be a lock for the play-offs, but also contend for the Atlantic Division. This is definitely good news going into next season!

 - As we all found out by now, Chris Drury has retired from the NHL after 12 season. Joe takes a look at why Drury's retirement does not compare to that of Marcus Naslund.

 - With the recent looks at the Research and Development Camp, one of the topics of interest, changing the overtime format. Justin Bourne at Puck Daddy takes a look at why 3-on-3 overtime works the best.