Bantering Points: Should NHL Nets Increase In Size?

WASHINGTON, DC - APRIL 13: Henrik Lundqvist #30 and Marc Staal #18 of the New York Rangers defend the net in the first period against the Washington Capitals in Game One of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Verizon Center on April 13, 2011 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

 - Lack of goal scoring has often been a conflict in the new NHL. The NHL recently developed new nets, that are shallower and have an HD camera built in. But that doesn't address the problem of more goal scoring. Mike Brophy takes a look at why the NHL should look into bigger nets.

 - While not many of us noticed, the Rangers were indeed the sixth highest fighting team in the NHL last season, with 62 total fights. Brandon Prust lead the way for the Blueshirts with 18 total fights and future Blueshirt, Mike Rupp had 12 last season with the Penguins.

 - Some young prospects on the Rangers were traded away way before they emerged as stars in the NHL, like Marc Savard. Kevin at Blueshirt Bulletin takes a look at past Rangers that were traded away and which ones fans would want back the most.

 - With training basically right around the corner, the question remains, "Which Rangers prospect makes the big club out of camp?". Guest blogger Matt at Blue Seat Blogs breaks down all the current candidates to crack the roster out of training camp.

 - Our exclusive Blueshirt Banter contest is officially open for voting!  Check out the post and vote for your favorite jersey! Voting for the first round will be open until Sunday, August 28th.