FanPost

Olympic Fun

Unlike my previous fan post, born out of some mild anger, this one is out of pure fun, and is meant to piggyback on Red Army Line's post.

Predictions for a 2011 U.S. Olympic Team (yes, I'm aware its not held this year, a theoretical situation), and a 2014 one (when its actually held).

2011:

Forwards:

Parise - Stastny - Patrick Kane

Kessel - Kesler - Bobby Ryan

Ryan Malone - Pavelski - Dustin Brown

Van Riemsdyk - David Backes - Ryan Callahan

potential extras: Dubinsky, David Booth, Brian Gionta, Scott Gomez, T.J. Oshie, and I'm sure I'm missing a couple

Defensemen:

Byfuglien - Suter

Yandle - James Wisniewski

Carlson - Erik Johnson

potential extras: Paul Martin, Jack Johnson, Brooks Orpik, Ryan Whitney

note: did not consider handedness when putting together d-pairs

Goalies:

Tim Thomas

Ryan Miller

Johnathon Quick

2014 U.S. Olympic Team:

Forwards:

Parise - Stastny - Kane

Van Riemsdyk - Kesler - Ryan

Kessel - Pavelski - Okposo

Dustin Brown - Backes - Callahan

extras: Dubi, Oshie, David Booth, Derek Stepan

Defense:

Carlson - Suter

Yandle - Erik Johnson

Dustin Byfuglien - Cam Fowler

extras: Jack Johnson, Zach Bogosian, Alex Goligoski, Ryan Mcdonagh, James Wisniewski, Paul Martin, Ryan Whitney

Goalies:

Corey Schneider

Ryan Miller

Johnathon Quick

extra: Jimmy Howard

note: goalies were near impossible due to the extremely fluctuating nature of the position, for all i know any of those four as well as potentially some other american will be the starting goalie in 2014, but as of now Schneider is my best guess

Thoughts?  Love to hear some commentary on this.  Maybe I will even do a similar exercise for Canada in the near future.