FanPost

Blue Jacket's Tyutin signs six-year extension

Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reported the deal is worth $27 million, so the salary cap hit will be $4.5 million per season. Tytuin would be entering the final year of his contract where he is scheduled to make $3.425 million this season. We all remember when we traded Tyutin to Columbus for Nik Zherdev and Dan Fritschi and must of us would agree it was a fail. But, now looking at his contract (4.5 million per season), its clear to see now there would be know way we would have been able to resign him to that kind of money! Thats more and any of our D men are making and is more than Dubi and Cali. So looking long term it wasnt such a fail afterall, although it obviously would have been better had we landed a forward who was able to be a fixture in our top 6 for years. We also gave up on Zherdev too early. He was brought here to fill the void left by Jagr's departure (some pretty tough shoes to fill) Zherdev is no superstar, wont be a superstar, and was never poised to become one. He is a great secondary scorer who was brought to NY to become our number 1 scoring threat. Thats just not who he is and we misused him badly. Any thoughts?