New York Rangers Breaking News: J.T. Miller Invited To Team USA Junior Evaluation Camp

ST PAUL, MN - JUNE 24: Fifteenth overall pick Jonathan Miller by the New York Rangers stands onstage for a photo during day one of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft at Xcel Energy Center on June 24, 2011 in St Paul, Minnesota. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

USA Hockey announced a list of 40 players who have been invited to its National Junior Evaluation Camp today. One of those players was the New York Rangers' first-round selection in this year's NHL Entry Draft: J.T. Miller

Miller, and the rest of the invitees, will be competing for a roster spot with the U.S. National Junior Team. The team will play against both Finland and Sweden in the exhibition.

This would be a fantastic opportunity for Miller to impress the Rangers' brass before training camp opens up in September. There were some questions about a few aspects of Millers' game when the Rangers took him with their 15th overall pick, now is a chance to show what he's got.

Another Rangers' prospect on the list (stick salute to George for reminding me) is Shane McColgan, the Rangers fifth-round selection in this year's NHL Entry Draft. McColgan was selected with one of the two fifth round picks Glen Sather had in the draft. McColgan had 66 points (21 goals) in 67 games with the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL last season. McColgan also had 19 points (eight goals) in 10 playoff games.

Obviously Blueshirt Banter will keep a close eye on both of their progress in the exhibition, which takes place between August 6-13.

Before you click on the jump to see the full schedule on practices and games from the event (from USA Hockey), make sure to check out Russ Cohen's analysis on Rangers' prospect Tim Erixon.

2011 USA Hockey National Junior Evaluation Camp Schedule
Aug. 6-13

· Lake Placid, N.Y. • Olympic Center • USA Rink

Date Event Time (EDT)
Sat., Aug. 6 USA Blue Practice 9:00 - 9:45 a.m.
  USA White Practice 10:00 - 10:45 a.m.
  Sweden Practice 11:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
  Finland Practice 12:30 - 1:45 p.m.
  USA Blue vs. USA White 4:00 p.m.
Sun., Aug. 7 Sweden Practice 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
  Finland Practice 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.
  USA Blue vs. USA White 4:00 p.m.
Mon., Aug. 8 Finland Practice 9:00 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
  USA Blue vs. Sweden 1:00 p.m.
  USA White vs. Finland 4:30 p.m.
Tues., Aug. 9 Sweden Practice 9:00 - 9:30 a.m.
  Finland Practice 9:45 - 10:15 a.m.
  USA Practice 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
  Finland vs. Sweden 4:00 p.m.
Wed., Aug. 10 USA Practice 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
  Finland Practice 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
  USA vs. Sweden 4:00 p.m.
Thurs., Aug. 11 Finland Practice 9:00 - 9:30 a.m.
  USA Practice 9:45 - 10:45 a.m.
  Sweden Practice 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
  USA vs. Finland 4:00 p.m.
Fri., Aug. 12 Sweden Practice 9:00 - 9:30 a.m.
  Finland Practice 9:45 - 10:15 a.m.
  USA Practice 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
  Finland vs. Sweden 4:00 p.m.
Sat., Aug. 13 USA vs. Sweden 1:00 p.m.