FanPost

Sean Avery Arrested

As per NBC New York:

New York Ranger Sean Avery was arrested and charged with battery on a police office earlier Friday, according to a Los Angeles Police Department spokesman.

Police responded to noise complaints at Avery’s Hollywood home at about 1 a.m. and arrested him. It wasn’t known what prompted the alleged assault on the officer.

The battery charge is a misdemeanor. Avery’s bail was set at $20,000.

More details from TMZ:

NHL star Sean Avery was arrested early this morning after he shoved a police officer who was trying to break up a loud party at his home in the Hollywood Hills... TMZ has learned.

According to law enforcement sources, a neighbor called police to complain about the noise coming from Avery's home. When police arrived at about 1:00 AM, we're told Avery answered the door ... then shoved a cop and slammed the door behind him.

Police then knocked again, and we're told Avery came to his senses and opened up. According to law enforcement ... Avery was extremely cooperative after that, but was still booked for battery on a peace officer.

He was taken to the Hollywood police station and is being held on $20,000 bail.

Of course it's going to come out that the cop is a homosexual black guy, and the internet will explode.