New York Rangers Breaking News: Sean Avery Arrested

According to multiple news sources, Sean Avery has been arrested after shoving a police officer at his L.A. home early Friday morning. Police responded to Avery's complex after receiving noise complains from his neighbor at 1:00 AM.

Here is an except from TMZ which describes the incident in detail.

According to law enforcement sources, a neighbor called police to complain about the noise coming from Avery's home. When police arrived at about 1:00 AM, we're told Avery answered the door ... then shoved a cop and slammed the door behind him.

Police then knocked again, and we're told Avery came to his senses and opened up. According to law enforcement ... Avery was extremely cooperative after that, but was still booked for battery on a peace officer.

Avery was arrested and charged with battery of a police officer. While Avery's battery charge was a misdemeanor, he is currently being held in a Hollywood jail with his bail set at $20,000.

This is horrible news and still unacceptable for anyone to place their hands on law enforcement officers. It should be interesting to see how the Rangers handle this situation.