Blueshirt Banter Reminder: Winter Classic Jersey Contest

NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 20: (L-R) Ruslan Fedotenko #19, Marc Staal #18, Brandon Dubinsky #17, Marian Gaborik #10 and Dan Girardi #5 of the New York Rangers celebrate after Dubinsky scored a goal in the second period against the Washington Capitals in Game Four of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Madison Square Garden on April 20, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

This is just a friendly reminder about our exclusive Blueshirt Banter contest. For those who you missed it, we are asking you, the readers to create your own New York Rangers Winter Classic jersey. We will collect all of our submissions and have the community vote to choose the best jerseys.

Submissions will be open until August 20th, 2011, until than everyone is free to submit their jersey to myself (Rangers05fan@aim.com) or Joe (Joe@blueshirtbanter.com). We will also be handing out a prize to the contest winner, which will be an official Blueshirt Banter T-shirt from our store. We hope to see a bunch of submissions in the coming weeks!

Big stick salute to all those who have already sent in their submissions.

An extended outline of the rules, voting and jersey templates will be available after the jump.

Contest Rules:
  • All submissions must be in by August 20th, 2011.
  • All submissions will then be grouped into four groups. The winners from each group will be placed into playoff style voting to determine the winner.
  • Each participant is entitled to one submission.
  • Any design that was not solely created by yourself will not be entered into voting.
  • If possible, please include a short description of how you came up with your design. Also include your Blueshirt Banter username. (i.e: history, ideas, etc)
  • Jerseys do not need to include a Winter Classic patch, but can be included at your choice.
  • The winner will receive a prize which will be announced at a later date.

Voting Layout:

After we receive all submissions, they will be placed into four random groups. From these groups, the community will vote on all submissions in each group. The winner from each group will advance, in to a play-off style vote-off. The layout for that can be found below.

Group 1    -->    Winner of Group 1

                                  vs                     -->        Group 1 vs 2 Winner

Group 2    -->    Winner of Group 2

                                                                                  vs                       -->   Contest Winner

Group 3    -->    Winner of Group 3

                                 vs                     -->         Group 3 vs 4 Winner

Group 4    -->    Winner of Group 4

Jersey Templates:

Below you find three types of jersey templates we are providing for this contest. If you have your own template and wish to use that, by all means go ahead.

Jersey Template 1: (In .psd format) Includes 6 collar types and 4 different jersey styles. (Credits to fireholder at thebreakaway.net)

Jersey Template 2: Generic Reebok Edge style jersey. (Credits to Hockeyjerseyconcepts.com)

Jersey Template 3: Includes all Reebok Edge collars, sock template, pants template, and helmet template. (Credits to Hockeyjerseyconcepts.com)