New York Rangers Breaking News: Mikhail Pashnin Re-signs With CSKA Moscow

According to CSKA Moscow's website, the team has agreed to a two-year deal with defensemen Mikhail Pashnin. Pashnin was the Rangers 7th round pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. There is no indication yet if CSKA Moscow will let Pashnin attend the Rangers training camp. If so, he will have the option to return to CSKA Moscow if he fails to make the Rangers line-up out of training camp.

There is also no word on whether Pashnin's deal will include an NHL out clause, which will allow him to compete at the NHL level if he makes the team. A couple of days back, Pashnin was still uncertain where he would play hockey this upcoming season. It seems as if Russia was his best option and is where he wanted to stay.

Last season with CSKA, Pashnin played in 42 games and registered a total of 2 goals and 2 assists.