FanPost

What Happens When Sauer or McD Don't Make Camp?

An obvious hypothetical, but its definitely something to consider. Everyone assumes that Sauer and McD are all locks going into the season, but lets look at a potential hypothetical. Lets say, Pavel Valentenko and Tim Erixon come to camp guns blazing and leave no choice to John Tortorella but to keep Valentenko and Erixon in the lineup. If we had to cut one of the players, either Mike Sauer or Ryan McD, which player do we pick? Do we just healthy scratch either until one of the rookies shows potential? Do we scratch Eminger? Join me after the jump for my opinions.

I honestly think that even with the possibility of Valentenko, McIlrath, or Erixon making camp, I think that the best shot of making the team is Erixon and Del Zotto. Obviously its a highly debated subject, but i think Sauer and McD will stay in the lineup, regardless of how well Valentenko or Kundratek do in camp because those two guys have a year of NHL experience under their belt. Essentially, it's their spot to lose, and I seriously doubt they will come into camp without being in the best shape of their life. Please, I want to hear your thoughts about what will happen to them if Sauer or McD don't do well in camp and have to be scratched.