Open Game Thread: Traverse City Game Two Vs Dallas

ST. PAUL, MN - APRIL 07: Carl Hagelin #12 of the Michigan Wolverines takes the puck as Chay Genoway #5 of the North Dakota Fighting Sioux defends during semifinals of the 2011 NCAA Men's Frozen Four on April 7, 2011 at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

After a solid first game at Traverse City, the Rangers look to continue their winning ways against the Dallas Stars. The Rangers showed spurs of brilliance last night, and made the most of their opportunities.

Ryan Bourque and Christian Thomas displayed their speed, and surely impressed the Rangers brass, along with a lot of fans as well. Tim Erixon played awesome on the blue line and contributed an early powerplay goal for the Blueshirts. A lot of other names went unnoticed as well, like Michael St. Croix and Jyri Niemi.

There are still three games remaining in the tournament for these players to show off their skills. Sometimes it just takes a game or two to get comfortable.

Andrew Yogan hopes to rebound and finally net a goal tonight. He had a handful of chances last night, but he just couldn't seem to bury them.

Tonight should be another great showcase of all our prospects. We will be covering each game with an open thread, along with an analysis shortly after the game. The Rangers next game is scheduled for Tuesday, September 13th versus the Carolina Hurricanes.

Enjoy the game and Let's Go Rangers!!