FanPost

Rangers former backup Steve Valiquette turned down offer from Lokomotiv and Galimov

According to this article i have read from Rangers Nation (http://nyrnation.net/former-rangers-goalie-steve-valiquette-turned-down-offer-to-play-for-lokomotiv-yaroslavl/) Steve Valiquete was offered a job playing for Lokomotiv this year. Apparently he turned it down because he wasnt guaranteed enough playing time. He was never great but i am glad to hear that he turned it down and is alive and well right now. Vally has played on year in the KHL for HC CSKA Moscow but was bought out of his contract, making him a very lucky man to be alive right now. On the darker side of new, unfortunately, Lokomotiv forward and only team member to survive the crash at first, Galimov has died in Russian hospital despite all efforts by some of the best doctors in the burn unit. This is very unfortunate as i know millins of people were praying for him. RIP Alex and the rest of your team...you guys will never be forgotten!