New York Rangers Traverse City Tournament Open Game Thread: Game Three Edition

LOS ANGELES, CA - JUNE 26: Christian Thomas, drafted in the second round by the New York Rangers, is interviewed during day two of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft at Staples Center on June 26, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Jeff Gross/Getty Images)

Alright guys, I was able to tear myself away from NHL 12 long enough to create this open game thread, don't make me regret it. Stop by, hang around, and watch some New York Rangers' prospects!

The New York Rangers are already guaranteed a trip to the finals of the Traverse City Tournament, no matter what happens today.

The Rangers will be going up against the Carolina Hurricanes farm system. Check out Canes Country for more on their team.

A few notes before the game begins after the jump.

Bantering Points:

  • The Rangers have outscored opponents 11-4 in their two wins.
  • Ryan Bourque scored his eighth goal ever in the tournament for the Rangers, the most ever by a prospect in the organization. Bourque is a veteran of this tournament, and he's shown it thus far. I'm excited to see more from him today.
  • Tim Erixon has looked really good in both games, but didn't find the scoresheet in game two. I would bet he grabs a few points when all is said and done tonight.
  • Blake Parlett leads the Rangers in points over two games. He has recorded five assists, and looks fantastic moving the puck out there. He's also a defenseman. Go ahead and take all that in.
  • Christian Thomas has played fantastically, but hasn't found the back of the net yet. He had an assist in the second game, but has been dangerous passing the puck all tournament. Here's to him finally potting a goal.

OK guys, enjoy the game and make sure to have fun!