Rangers Lose Traverse City Game 3 4-3 To Hurricanes In OT

Christian Thomas tallied a goal and an assist.

The New York Rangers prospects lost their last Traverse City game before the finals today to the Carolina Hurricanes prospects 4-3.

Jason Missiaen stopped saved 38 shots, but it was not enough, as in 3 on 3 OT OT Justin Shugg got the puck past Missiaen after a Christian Thomas turnover to end the game.

The bright spots for the Rangers statistically were Jonathan Audy-Marchessault, Shane McColgan, who each scored a goal, and Christian Thomas, who scored a goal and also got an assist.

Other than them, one thing I noticed that made me happy was the play of J.T. Miller. I only saw Miller for a limited amount of time, but when he was on the ice he was sticking up for his teammates and battling for the puck. If Miller can do the dirty work and provide offensive help, he could be special.

All three of the Rangers prospects goals were scored in the first period, one of which was scored on the powerplay. One of the Hurricanes goals were on the powerplay as well.

No matter what happens in the finals, the future looks bright based on the Traverse City Tournament so far. Next year we could see Chris Kreider join the team, and that will make the Tournament even more fun to watch.

The Finals will be played tomorrow at 7 PM eastern time.