FanPost

Roster Spots Up For Grabs?

Ok, so after watching 3 of the Traverse City games I really think that there are spots open for some Rangers.

Forwards who's spots are in jeopardy: MZA (I really hope he has a good camp and is on the big club this year), EC, Avery, and Fedotenko. As much as some of us hate Wolski I think he has too much ability to not be on the big club. Him richie and gabby on a line could be lethal. Plus, him on a 3rd line with stepan playing against lower competition could help him too.

Players to potentially fill those roles: Hagelin, Yogan, Bourque, Marchessault (Long shot but has some great offensive ability), and Thomas (probably needs some more seasoning though).

I really underestimated Bourque but I do believe there is a spot for him on this team maybe not now but in the near future. Hagelin has definitely impressed with his speed and playmaking.

On the defensive side of the of the roster I don't think any defenseman will have their spots taken away. Erixon is going to really have to have a bad camp for him not to make it though. I mean his playmaking and puck moving is something the Rangers lack right now. I think the AHL isn't beneficial for him because he would have been better served going back to Sweden rather than play there. He came to North America with the intention of playing in the NHL and I think management knows that and will give him that shot.

Other players that could make that final defenseman spot if you count Erixon on the team: Del Zotto, Valentenko, Kundratek, and Parlett.

I have a feeling MDZ makes it filling out the rest of the roster, but the thing that Kundratek and Parlett have going for them is that they are righties. But assuming MDZ makes it (which is what I believe) lines should look like:

Staal-Girardi

Mcdonagh-Erixon

Sauer-MDZ

Eminger (unless he has a terrible camp and is really outplayed)

Way I see it is it's useless to have Erixon and MDZ together because Erixon likes to jump in the play occasionally and MDZ needs a rock solid defensive partner, something he'll get from Sauer.

Your thoughts?