2011 New York Rangers Training Camp News: Roster Released

Our friend Andrew Gross over at Ranger Rants posted the players who have been invited to camp. He also noted that Wade Redden will not attend the camp, he will report directly to the AHL.

Here are groups one and two. Groups three and four are after the jump along with some analysis.

Compare these groups to the schedule we released yesterday to see who will be scrimmaging who.

Group 1:

Sean Avery, Ruslan Fedotenko, Kris Newbury, Brandon Prust, Brian Boyle, Ryan Callahan, Erik Christensen, Mike Rupp, Steve Eminger, Dan Girardi, Ryan McDonagh, Marc Staal, Jonathan Audy-Marchessault, Tommy Grant, Kale Kerbashian.

Group 2:
Brandon Dubinsky, Marian Gaborik, Carl Hagelin, Dylan McIlrath, Artem Anisimov, John Mitchell, Brad Richards, Derek Stepan, Ryan Bourque, Andre Deveaux, Wojtek Wolski, Mats Zuccarello, Tim Erixon, Jordan Hickmott, Chad Kolarik, Dale Weise.

More groups after the jump.

Group 3:
Lee Baldwin, Tomas Kundratek, J.T. Miller, Pavel Valentenko, Sam Klassen, Jyri Niemi, Jared Nightingale, Samuel Noreau, Brendan Bell, Stu Bickel, Michael Del Zotto, Michael Sauer, Andreas Thuresson.

Group 4:
Peter Ceresnak, Blake Parlett, Christian Thomas, Jason Wilson, Tayler Jordan, Shane McColgan, Michael St. Croix, Collin Bowman, Chris McKelvie, Kelsey Tessier, Scott Tanski, Matt Rust, Andrew Yogan, Marty Biron, Chad Johnson, Henrik Lundqvist, Jason Missiaen, Scott Stajcer, Cameron Talbot.

There have been no tryout players brought in this season. You can take that in one of two ways. One, you can assume there was no talent left unsigned that the Rangers were interested in. Or two, the Rangers feel they have enough youth to challenge for spots as it is, and they want this team to stay as young as possible. My vote is on two.

Groups two and four has many familiar faces from the Traverse City Tournament, it should be fun to see how they preform.

We'll be updating you guys as the day goes on. But for now, thoughts on all this?

In This Article

Topics
Teams
Players