FanPost

Big Money, Big Money, STOP!!!!....

Ohhhhhh....The whammy is doing his MJ moonwalk all over your cap space.  I'm dating myself.  With all of these huge contracts getting thrown around, can't help but think we got a few guys on the (serious) cheap.  I never thought I'd be saying this because I think they're all overpaid, but look at these:

Myers:  7 years, 5.5M per
Tavares:  6 years, 5.5M per
Schenn:  5 years, 3.6M per

Given, Tavares is on his way to a pt per game player, so he's special, but:  Now compare those to:

Marc Staal:  4M per
Girardi:  3.3M per
Callahan:  4.3M per
Dubinsky:  4.2M per

Now look at:
Bogosion:  2 years, 2.5M per
Marchand:  2 years, 2.5M per
Bailey:  2 years, 1M per

And compare them to:
Anisimov:  1.87M per
Erixon/McDonagh: 1.7/1.3M per
Stepan:  875k
Prust:  800k

I have to say the Rangers players are going for team success since it's clear they can get more than they are; and other teams are more than willing to pay their comparables more, and those comparables in fact are younger, less accomplished, and more years away from being UFA status (Except Tavares, because the Rangers really don't have a comparable).  Even Richards, who has a cap hit of only 1.1M more than Tavares...kind of obvious he wanted to be here.....