2011 New York Rangers Training Camp: Day Two Preview

NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 17: Brandon Dubinsky #17 of the New York Rangers skates on the ice and waves to the fans after he was named a star of the game after he scored the game winning goal to give the Rangers a 3-2 win against the Washington Capitals in Game Three of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Madison Square Garden on April 17, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

With the first day of John Tortorella's grueling conditioning tests complete, it's time to look ahead to day number two. Yesterday, all four groups went through an intense test that involved six sets of three lap sprints. The day concluded with a two mile, timed run at a near-by track.

Speaking of the two mile run, Brandon Dubinsky will be participating in an alternate work-out, as he will not be running. According to Jesse Spector, Dubinsky is taking precautions with his knee that forced him out of five games last season, due to a stress fracture. Nothing to be alarmed about, just precautions to avoid another serious injury.

Tim Erixon had impressive results during his tests, and barely broke a sweat during his set of sprints. Back in June, Erixon struggled during the rookie camp, but completely blew the test away this time around. Definitely a good sign there.

Join me over the jump for more.

However, we had a bit of a scare that came out of camp yesterday afternoon. Artem Anisimov was expected to have an MRI on his knee, after his physical raised concern. However, we are very fortunate that the MRI came back negative, and everything turned out fine.

Wojtek Wolski definitely showed some improvement from last season, and the coach has high hopes for Wolski. Wolski was one of a couple forwards, projected to skate alongside Gaborik and Richards on the first line. According to Tortorella, they will be testing out a few forwards on the top line, to see who has the greatest chemistry.

Tomorrow will consist of more on-ice conditioning tests, followed by the pucks dropping on Sunday, for two scrimmages. Group 1 will face-off against Group 4 early on Sunday morning, followed by Group 2 vs Group 3 later on in the afternoon.

As usual, if any news breaks tomorrow, you guys will be the first to know. On a side note, 19 days and counting until the season opener!