2011 New York Rangers Training Camp News: Sauer Still Not Skating; Anisimov and Gaborik Back

More news coming out of the New York Rangers training camp was that Michael Sauer still has not been cleared to take part in on-ice activities. Sauer is suffering from tendinitis, and was told to remain sidelined until further notice.

On the brighter side of things, Artem Anisimov and Marian Gaborik will resume skating today with the team. Gaborik did not skate yesterday, as he just arrived home from Slovakia, after attending Pavol Demitra's funeral. Gaborik was doing some off-ice work earlier, and will skate with the final group today for the on-ice tests.

Gaborik also stated that he had skated three times while in Slovakia, to "get his mind off of things." On the other sideof things,  Artem Anisimov also resumed his on-ice training after he was forced to sit out, after an MRI yesterday.

Also, there have been many improvements in this coming camp, and is definitely a good sign. One being Michael Del Zotto. He had a very hard summer of training, and it paid off for sure. He was very motivated and completed the on-ice tests with ease. Del Zotto is currently competing against Tim Erixon, and Steve Eminger for the last pairing position.

UPDATE: According to Larry Brooks, Sauer will skate on his own, and if he's feeling well, he will skate in the scrimmage tomorrow.